Wednesday 12 June 2013

New Regency Accepted and Edits

I'm delighted that my next Regency novel, Midwinter Masquerade, has been accepted for publication by Irish independent, Tirgearr Publishing, and it should be released before the winter solstice!

This novel has been an interesting one to write, not least because I'm a pantster and this is the first book where I had too many complicated ideas jostling for inclusion in the story, making the plot less cohesive. Since I'm a character writer first and foremost, I have to be careful to develop the story line so that it's not too ambitious in the end.

Now, there's one important difference - a wonderful editor who makes me think each part of the story through even as we start the superficial edits. So the exciting journey has begun towards seeing this new novel published and I'm going to enjoy every step of the way. 

Romy

2 comments:

Charlotte Brentwood said...

Congratulations! You must be very excited.

Working with an editor is one of the main reasons I would still like to pursue traditional publication.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Hi Charlotte - many thanks for your comment! It's one of the reasons I prefer a publisher too for the majority of work.