Thursday 28 October 2010

Chatting and Editing

Had a great time yesterday, chatting with other Champagne authors at our online Halloween Party on Joyfully Reviewed. With all the questions and answers and general chat, it was a good way to get to know some more people a little better. It made me think again about all the great books and authors with Champagne Books, so I'm starting a list of their websites down the side of the blog. Check them out and enjoy some interesting new books.

I have now 'met' my editor and I'm really excited as it makes me feel like an author rather than a freelance writer! She sounds great and I'm sure we'll get along fine. I'm delighted to have a professional editor go through my novel - it's so easy for us to miss all the repetitions, or weak sections in our own work. I'm sure those authors who have already published a novel will know exactly what I mean. Looking forward to it all.

Romy

3 comments:

Linda Kage said...

That WAS a great chat.

I know exactly what you mean about having an editor. My editor had such great suggestions. Her ideas not only challenged me to write better, but it made my story so much richer and deeper.

And yeah, it was nice for someone else to help catch all the repitions and minor tweaks. I'd been over the manuscript so many times, I would just read right over little stuff (like if I forgot to at "to" somewhere or wrote every instead of ever). I knew what I meant to say and that's how I read it on the page.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for that, Linda. Just received my first edit to go through and already I'm amazed at the little things I overlooked. Hurrah for all editors!

Linda Kage said...

Hi Rosemary, I hope your edits are going okay.

If you get a break, I have an award for you over at my blog.