Wednesday 22 September 2010

Jane Austen Regency World Magazine

One of my favourite resources for all matters to do with the Regency period is the Jane Austen Regency World Magazine. I've been subscribing to this publication since the second issue away back in 2003 (I don't know what happened to the first issue!) and I've built up a superb index of interesting articles and information. The photo above shows some of the first issues - it now comes in smaller A5 size.

It's been fascinating starting to go through them again, and to catch up on all the recent ones I've still to read, especially when each new film or TV production of an Austen novel is highlighted on the cover or inside the magazine. So I have both Colin Firth and Matthew McFadyen as my cover Darcy!

The Jane Austen Regency World does have a website where you can get full details of the magazine, and lots of other lovely information. What I really want to do is visit Bath and watch the promenaders in their costumes during the festival each August. Or even to join in. One of these days...

Romy

No comments: